Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jack loves his "School"- Finally!


Just having some fun after school today!

Jack's Turkey Handprints

Heather, Hayley and Jack's Turkeys

Jack has been going to a mother's morning out program for a couple of hours once or twice a week since September, and until now has just been very hesitant and leery about the whole thing; and of course, so have I. Even though my good friend Heather, who teaches right across the hall from Jack's room, checks on him and calls me everytime he goes to let me know how he is doing, there has still just been a knot in my stomach when I leave him. Well, we have both finally broken through all of that! Jack, all of a sudden, loves going to school! He now lights up when he sees Mrs. Rosella and Mrs. Melissa and of course, Shelton Sory- his best girlfriend! Ashley, Shelton's mom, says all she talks about is "ack". Coincidentally, the entire Sory family are my oldest, dearest friends- it's no wonder she is Jack's best friend. Today, he even pushed me away when I went to pick him up, because he was not ready to leave his "playhouse" or Shelton. To make it even better, he and Shelton said "bye-bye" to each other when we were leaving. It was the sweetest thing you've ever seen! And besides all of that, who knew that a turkey handprint would make a mommy so proud(Thanks Heather- we adore you!). I think this is a good experience for both of us!!

1 comment:

Robin North said...

You have to blog 6 interesting things about yourself...
Robin